Accredited 2005 - Canine
Since early childhood, Lotte has had a keen interest in animals and their behaviour. She started dog training in 1991, is an accredited animal behaviourist, veterinary nutritional adviser and dog training instructor.
- Accreditation: Animal Behaviour Consultant Acc. Cn. (ABC of SA)
- Certificate: Puppy Socialisation & Basic Home Obedience (SAADOI - South African Association of Dog Obedience Instructors)
- Certificate: Basic Animal Behaviour (Cats and Dogs) – (Cum Laude) Technikon Pretoria
- Certificate: Think Dog! Advanced Behaviour and Training. (COAPE - Centre of Applied Pet Ethology (UK)
- Certificate: Canine Behaviour Counselling – (Honors) Animal Care College(UK)
- Certificate: Counselling Skills I (SA College of Applied Psychology)
- Certificate: Veterinary Nutritional Adviser I (Hill’s)
She is the owner and founding member of Canine Communications c.c., a behavioural consultancy and dog training school catering exclusively for the pet dog owner. At Canine Communications the primary aim is to enhance the human-animal bond, teach our (human) clients ‘Responsible Pet Ownership’ and how effectively communicate with their pets. Positive reinforcement techniques are employed as well as modern behavioural conditioning and motivational training techniques.
Lotte has 2 dogs of her own: 1 Golden Retriever called Amber and a Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois) Wizard, with whom she competes in championship obedience competitions and companion dog stakes.
- Behavioural consultancy
- Puppy Socialization (P1) 8-16 weeks
- Adolescent Puppy Classes (P2) 4-9 months
- Beginner Dog Training Courses
- Canine Good Citizen Groups
- Private Home Obedience
- Behaviour and Training courses for entry level students of animal behaviour
- Instructor's Courses